Cost Controller - Drilling and Wells
Aker Energy Ghana
- Operational: Drilling Manager D&W (Ghana), Lead Cost Controller (Oslo)
- Functional: Finance Manager (Ghana)
Cost Controller D&W is accountable for the coordination of Drilling project costs and budgeting support in the Drilling Department in accordance with requirements and company standards.
- Participate in preparation/review well cost estimates (AFEs) with engineers prior to issue
- Cost follow-up and reporting for the ongoing wells projects
- Prepare daily cost reports during drilling operations (in cooperation with engineers)
- Perform analysis and well cost forecasts according to requirements
- Prepare “End of well” cost reports and well cost reconciliations (commercial project close-out)
- Verify invoices to make sure all charges are in accordance with contract/PO terms and make sure that costs are allocated to a correct project and cost code.
- Advise the Drilling Management for any cost and accounting matters, and bring recommendation related with budget and financial control.
- Review project Call-Off’s created by Procurement Coordinator before it is signed by Drilling Manager and issued to vendor.
Experience / Qualifications
- University degree in business administration, economics, engineering or other relevant education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in drilling and wells operations
- Experience with project cost controlling
- Experience with project accounting
- Understanding of drilling service contracts
- Experienced user in MS Excel