Aker Energy Ghana
The Property Manager is totally accountable for all community operations. The purpose of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activates, and available resources in order to accomplish community objectives as set forth by the Regional Property Manager and property owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and community values. In addition, the Property Manager will train the assistant manager to assume all managerial duties in the event of the property manager’s absence.
- Coordinate all property related duties associated with acquisition, opening, relocation, maintenance, and consolidation of new service centers for the operating companies within resulting in enhanced operating efficiencies
- Negotiate real estate purchase/sale/lease contracts on behalf of the CEO
- Liaise with CEO to administer the disposal, sale, and monetization of non-performing residential assets
- Liaise with CEO, tenants, and local authorities in the development, and fulfillment of contract requirements, in accordance with state policies and regulatory agencies
- Team leader for development of piloted customer on boarding processes to reduce customer data entry errors, and enhanced transparency of customer data across key operational functions
- Minimize confrontation by developing positive tenant rapport and forwarding quarterly account reports intimating tenants of current tenancy status
- Utilize selection and retention strategies to maintain high occupancy rates including securing long leases with top quality tenants
- Develop audit program controls for measuring and allocating assets
- Implement standard procedures for accommodation leasing and construction project approvals
- Develop and implement analytical tools for financial analysis and reporting to senior management
- Negotiate all leases and standardized space utilization to reduce occupancy costs
- Prepare capital budgets for domestic lease expenses and construction project costs
- Maintain an updated knowledge of property taxes, accessibility and values to ensure efficient management of property
- Provide owners with periodic updates and reports on the status and condition of a property
- Ensure estate operations are in line with government policies and housing regulations
- Proffer recommendations/advice to owners on rental rate and maintenance estimates
- Oversee the marketing and advertising of building vacancies or properties up for sale
- Conduct regular inspection of estate grounds and facilities to ensure they are in good condition
- Oversee the repair and replacement of damaged parts of a building or property
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to corporate offices on a weekly and monthly basis
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- Updates board indicating vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely condition of apartments after move-out
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor to monitor and schedule all maintenance activity
- Occasional use of golf cart may be necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- BS Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in on-site property management; 1 as property manager.
- Must have background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishments.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System (Must be proficient with a calculator, Excel)
- Work Hours: Full time hours- salaried position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.