Leading Employer in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule, key quantities, etc.
- Work within standard project planning/scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures comply with contractual reporting requirements and, if not, modify accordingly.
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures.
- Liaise with client project control personnel as necessary.
- Timely preparation and issue of:
- overall project schedule
- project network
- manpower projection plan
- critical equipment lists/schedules
- progress s-curves and tabulations
- manhour/manpower histograms
- short term look ahead schedules
- monthly progress report including narrative
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described in item 5 and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary.
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics.
- Prepare and issue project action reports (monthly) to Project Manager.
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition and prepare forecasts of trends
- When nominated, act as a sponsor to trainees, regularly review their progress and make periodic reports to the HOD Planner.
- Perform any other functions as directed by the Project Controls Manager or HOD Planner.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Document Control
- Contracts Administration
- Cost Engineering
- Client Project Controls Representative
- Client Cost Engineering Representative
- Construction Contractor Planning Representative
- National Diploma in Engineering or equivalent, or sufficient relevant experience over and above that stated below, in lieu of qualification requirements
- BSC Engineering Degree
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Minimum 3 planning experience
- Advanced user of MS Excel, MS Access,
- Exposure to dealing with contractors and vendors and dealing with extension of time claims.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well within a team environment