The Onshore Logistics Supervisor position is a key part of the team Onshore. Accountable to the Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Supervisor shall:
The position will manage, supervise and be accountable for the daily operations of the two Ports of Takoradi in support of offshore drilling and project operations including but not limited to logistical support - Supply vessels, Crew and Fast Support Vessels and Standby / Guard Vessels, Berthing, Customs, Manifests, Dangerous Goods, Waste Management, onshore transportation, material management , loading/offloading of vessels including cargo manifests and coordination with the Takoradi office and the Offshore Installations on the supply of goods and services and the documentation of same.
- Actively participate in all Shorebase EHS systems - e.g. STOP program – whether operated by or by the rig contractor
- Ensure Dangerous Goods policy is adhered to. Complete, and submit all Dangerous Goods declarations as required
- Ensure that Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available for all chemicals received on site and prepared for shipment offshore, and copies are provided promptly to all appropriate parties.
- Monitor the application of Waste Management policy, providing assistance to the EHS Contract
- Holder and Onshore DMC as required
- Monitor all Lifting Appliance Certification validity & re-certification condition
- Participate in all appropriate safety meetings
- Ensures GMPC; EHS policies and procedures or strictly adhered to
Port Control Communication
- Provide onsite supervision to Port Operations personnel and all daily operations.
- Fully aware of and manage all movements to and from base by sea.
- Be in contact with and fully appraised of all regulatory requirements/agencies to ensure efficient movement of personnel and materials to and from the base
- Participate in Logistics planning meetings and daily Rig Calls.
- Planning and implementing all movements of materials and equipment to / from project locations within Ghana in conjunction with Offshore Drilling Material Coordinator and Onshore Drilling
- Maintain close liaison with Onshore DMC to prioritize materials requests, to ensure timely delivery to Offshore site to meet Drilling timescales
- Review planned and non-planned work activities to ensure timely delivery and availability of materials and equipment to meet the work utilization requirements inclusive of contingency planning capabilities
- Supervise Marine Base operations to ensure correct arrangements and timely berthing, bunkering, bulk loading, in Takoradi Commercial Port and Sekondi-Naval Base
- Liaise closely with Lifting Specialist to make sure Lifting plan and JSA are in place prior to any boat loading
- Liaise closely with Offshore Drilling Material Coordinator and Onshore Drilling Material Coordinator to ensure correct material is manifested and shipped to offshore facility.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of Ghana Exploration Marine Fleet
- Obtaining appropriate documentation for movements of personnel and equipment to and from base to support offshore operation
- Maintain records of all equipment on base and movement to and from base, sufficient for 3rd party auditing and accounting purposes
- Provision of safe efficient warehousing and storage of equipment on base
- Carry out safety audits as instructed identifying all site hazards and communicate these to Logistics Manager
- Have MDS sheets for all chemicals onsite and / or substances hazardous to health and be conversant with safety measures necessary to protect those on site
- Deputise for the Logistics Manager role on occasions. allowing Manager to attend overseas Meetings, Training, leave.
- Develop strategy for logistics activities along with alignment methodology across Ghana, Norway Project Development teams, with Partners as required
- Develop and maintain processes and standards for Logistics Operations
- Develop staff in the Logistics team
- Responsible for planning, Compilation and publishing and implementation of a daily Marine Logistics plan to meet offshore commitments (Platform Supply Vessels, Fast Support Vessels and Standby; Fishery protection Vessels and any other vessels as required)
- Monitoring Vessels deck space utilisation, Vessel fuel consumption and provide voyage reports.
- Ensure Port Security (ISPS) is followed and adhered buy all Chartered vessels whilst in port.
- Responsible for PSV Bulk Tank cleaning programme, and safe carriage of Bulk Products.
- Attend Intercompany Marine interface meeting with other operators and Ships owners ‘’ discuss about marine matters’’.
- Compilation and publishing Resources On Board (ROB) for Offshore Asset; Marine Fleet on a daily basis.
Reconciliation / Cost Control
- Ensure that all service contractors’ Service Tickets are coded correctly prior to submitting to Logistics Manager for approval.
- Help to reduce well costs through effective planning, proactive thinking and communication with all appropriate parties to ensure the efficient utilization of helicopters, vessels and equipment.
- Significant experience in Drilling Operations, with some in similar role within the Oil and Gas Discipline – A recognized Marine Qualification – Minimum rank Chief Officer would also be an advantage
- Direct work experience in Deep Water Drilling Operations – essential for Ghana Operations
- Fluency of English in all disciplines – written and verbal with a sound understanding of Oilfield terminology
- Advanced levels of IT literacy i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel,
- IATA Approved Dangerous Goods by Sea and Air formal qualification
- Quantifiable understanding and operational experience in the identification and shipping of all drilling materials, including Bulk Dry and liquid products.
- Broad operational experience in offshore supply base operations, supply vessel operations and limitations
- Training in Risk Management and full Awareness of Industry Safety Standards.
- Problem definition, Analytical skills, strategic option development and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills are able to demonstrate; drive, tenacity, credibility at all levels of the business, ability to manage/drive change combined with high levels of commercial and political project Management
- Analytical skills, able to interpret data and information quickly and accurately
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental goals.