African Natural Resources & Mines Limited (ANRML), the preferred natural resources and mines operator based in Nigeria, is setting up a Coal based DRI (Direct Reduced Iron) project, first of its kind in Nigeria, with focal point being mining the iron ore, beneficiating, pelletizing and transforming into DRI. ANRML is therefore seeking an experienced Geophysicist:
The role involves designing, implementing and interpreting a variety of geophysical surveys including ground-magnetics, aero-magnetics, induced polarization, resistivity and gravity. Robust knowledge of mineral target delineation from ground and airborne surveys, IP, geological mapping interpretations, and 3D modelling of magnetic and gravity data. Implement strict QAQC procedures throughout the data collection, processing and interpretation stages.
- Ensure effective quality control at each stage by having a documented plan of procedures and then following that plan and documenting all work carried out.
- Ensure field teams fill in logbooks detailing every aspect of a day’s field work and highlight potential problems in the field. On a daily basis any errors or repeat readings required are communicated to the fielld teams.
- Ensure that by the end of the survey, the field data has been reviewed constantly and processed and plotted in real time.
- Data is processed in line with global best practice, using the newest techniques on the market, as well as the tried and tested.
- Ensure that all available data such as geological mapping, geochemical datasets, remote sensing datasets and drilling are taken into account, and the resulting geophysical interpretation is as ‘geological’ as possible.
- Ability to prepare accurate project reports and present findings clearly
- Advance user of Geosoft Oasis Montaj and other modelling software (2D and 3D).
- Master’s Degree in Geophysics.
- Experience especially in West Africa.
- 15 years’ multi-commodity practical experience (iron ore, lead-zinc, LCT, coal, etc.)
Salary is negotiable.
Preferred Nationality: Ghanaian