Base Logistics Supervisor
position will be located at the shore/logistics base and will provide materials
and logistics co-ordination function to support well construction and project
management (WCPM) activities.
directly to the Shore/Base Logistics & Infrastructure Manager.
8 years in the Oil & Gas Industry and at least 5 years as Logistics
Supervisor. Operator experience, especially IOC, will be an added advantage.
in Inventory systems, Shipping and Warehousing
degree or higher diploma in any engineering or science discipline.
survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Responsible for the execution and management of
logistics operations in support of well construction projects.
· Continuous improvement of the service delivery
to field operations.
· In charge of all matters relating to Import and
· Ensures timely movement of goods at an optimum
· Ensure movements of goods are in compliance
with safety and statutory regulations.
- Be the focal point of contact for all logistics
matters. Interfaces with internal and external customers, freight forwarders,
custom clearing agents and customs representatives to ensure efficient,
effective and repeatable service delivery.
- Ensures materials,
equipment and services needed for the operation are shipped to the rig in
a timely manner to avoid operations delays waiting on such items
- Liaises with the Rig
Logistics team on the loading plan for efficient space utilization and
priority discharge on location
- Ensures Waste is properly
transported and disposed, to avoid environmental pollution.
- Ensures materials and
equipment are properly packaged and secured for shipment
- Ensures efficient and
timely turn around of vessels for operational efficiency
- Maintains proper records of Materials and
- Provide timely update and information to all
internal customers and alerts operations on any deviation from equipment
movement plans to ensure adequate contingencies are in place.
- Analyze import and export documentation for
incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify
- Responsible to analyze custom regulations and
duty exemptions and free trade agreements where applicable to reduce cost of
import and exports.
- Manages all transportation programs, third
party logistics service providers, custom clearing agents, customs and
regulatory compliance, supplier development and performance programs.
- Ensure, verify and communicate all necessary
documentation to customs clearing agents
- Verify cargo requests from operations and
ensure timely delivery with adequate records and follows our shipping
guidelines and standards.
- Develop and continuously improve process flow,
shipping guidelines for all modes of transport
- Deal with customs and local authorities on a
day to day operational needs and ensure all import and export tariff codes are
properly applied to all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Comply with customs requirements and manages
duty cost to a minimal exposure, periodically conducting self-audits and ensure
the company is complying to the latest regulations.
- Maintain all documents, customs and regulatory
records in proper filling with accuracy and traceability of records for easy
retrieval for reviews and audits
- Manages cost and overall performance through
use of shipment consolidation opportunities, process improvements reviews and
root cause analysis of deviations with corrections actions.
- Periodically improve knowledge of regulations
through training and act as the knowledge holder
- Identifies and works on total cost reduction
initiatives and carry out any other duty as assigned
to continuous improvement and ability to adapt in an evolving work environment.
· Good Interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with internal and
Change; Negotiating Must have good management skills and possess strategic and analytical thinking
- Understanding of waste management
- Ability to liaise with and manage Contractors
- Understanding of cost-saving measures in
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstration of independent work
initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional
- Experience supporting different types of
- Understands the criticality of logistics
to the well construction project
- Ability to work in a team, communicating
with Peers and Superiors