WELL SITE DRILLING ENGINEER
This position will provide drilling and well engineering support functions to implement drilling, work-over and completion programs in shallow and deep offshore.
Reports directly to the Senior Drilling Supervisor (SDSV) on board and functionally to the Senior Drilling Engineer (SDE)
• Minimum of 5 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 2 years as Wellsite Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
• Experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-up and/or deep-water rig) is required
• Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Experience using leading well engineering software is important
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
• Well control certification
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assist the Drilling Supervisors (DSVs) to implement the approved drilling and completion programs on the rig.
• Assist SDSV to manage all the contractors, including the rig, vessels, catering and all the services
• Support the materials Co-Ordinator in vessel and shore base logistics to load and offload materials.
• Prepare daily reports and compile all other reports.
• Check Service Company field tickets and advise DSVs of discrepancies
• Support DSV in carrying out engineering calculations for hydraulics, cementing, daily pre-kick and well control sheets, LOT/FIT, plan vs actual time and cost graphs.
• Prepare daily drilling reports and distribute after DSV review and approval.
• Follow up and quality check service companies’ daily reports like mud logging, directional drilling, mud engineering etc,
• Assist DSVs to prepare, check and execute all critical operations like casing, cementing etc.
• Strong communication both verbal and written skills
• Exposure and understanding of all components of drilling and completing extended reach drilling (ERD), multi-lateral and horizontal wells; work-over and well servicing techniques
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Sets high standards of performance for self
• Assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks
• Understanding and application of basics of well engineering and engineering calculations
• Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiarity with relevant industry software