Assistant Maintenance Manager
Our client in the Pharmaceutical Industry is looking to recruit an Assistant Maintenance Manager who will directly be supervising subordinates and lower level maintenance employees in the factory. This role is responsible for engineering maintenance of premises utilities, plant and machinery and directly reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the activities of the maintenance department. Provide leadership to all subordinates
- Devise and perform routine PPM to ensure that plant and machinery continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of the building does not deteriorate.
- Ensure SOPs are in place for all activities and that they are relevant, comprehensive and up to date.
- Assist in assembling, installing and repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Assist in repairing and replacing defective equipment part using appropriate tools and equipment. Liaise with external suppliers and contractors where solutions cannot be provided internally.
- Assist in maintaining adequate spares and consumables items for plant and machinery. Liaise with suppliers and GM production to ensure that they are sourced on time.
- Assist in inspecting drive, motors, belts, fluid levels, replace and perform other maintenance actions, following check list.
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and details of the costs.
- Assist in maintaining operational efficiency of power generation back up systems. E.g., generators
- Train, develop, motivate and appraise staff. Maintain records of training and development.
- Coordinates with all Factory departments to execute their duties.
- Liaise with external all external suppliers in execution of duties
- Responsible for the proper care of all assets and working tools assigned for official work
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Minimum of HND/Degree in Engineering or Engineering Science.
- Higher qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience.
- Thorough knowledge of utilities operation and maintenance.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering and workshop practice. E.g., milling, turning, drilling, cutting, grinding, welding.
- Good understanding of electrical wiring systems and standards and electronics.
- Understand engineering design principles and can interpret accurately technical drawings.
- Understands principles of physics and mathematics and applications of engineering.
- Computer literate.
- Commitment to the Organization
- Coaching & Developing
- Hands on practical skills
- Motivational Skills
- Results Orientated
- Planning and Organization