CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Our client is a reputable well-established organization in the energy industry incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. The client is seeking a Chief Executive Officer with experience to implement strategies that will ensure the survival and viability of the organization in the Ghanaian oil downstream industry.
The CEO will serve as the organization’s senior registered advocate, negotiator, lobbyist, and influencer, responsible for building and maintaining relationships within the energy sector and with other key stakeholders to support and promote the organization’s legislative agenda and strategic objectives. S/he will also manage an issue-specific portfolio under the supervision and guidance of the Board.
- Promote and implement strategies that will ensure the survival and viability of the BOC sub-sector of the Ghanaian oil downstream industry on a sustainable basis.
- Develop and monitor strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization.
- Responsible for the delivery of set goals and programs as agreed by the Board.
- Create and maintain procedures for implementing plans approved by the Board of Directors.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
- Oversee the employment of human resources of the organization according to authorized human resource policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Oversee the development and present annual budgets and operating plans in line with set strategy for Board approval.
- Manage prudently, the organization’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations and Board approved plans.
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the Board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position.
- Oversee the administration of the HR life cycle (recruitment, performance and talent management, engagement, learning and development, reward, discipline)
- Be the chief spokesperson and advocate of the organization for the interests of members.
- Responsible for executing all advocacy and lobby interests of the organization as its lead advocate, negotiator, and lobbyist.
- Serve as the liaison between members and other stakeholders including the Government agencies and institutions, Petroleum Service Providers, the public amongst others.
- Undertake all responsibilities defined in the constitution for the role of Chief Executive.
- Serve as a member of the Board and shall have no voting rights.
- Develop future leadership within the organization.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Industry Regulators & Partnering allied agencies, law makers, and other policy professionals in in the oil and gas industry in support and promotion of the organization’s comprehensive legislative agenda.
- Independently identify opportunities and develop key initiatives to strengthen the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Independently devise and promote policy campaigns in the above areas under the guidance of the Board.
- Research policy issues and provide reports to keep the organization up to date.
- Prepare written materials for use with internal and external audiences.
- Speak at organization’s events, as required.
Educational, Experience & Competency Requirements
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance or any related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of policy, government relations, advocacy, or other relevant experience; prior work in the energy sector is strongly preferred.
- Advanced skill in written and fluent in English
Application Deadline: March 30, 2022
For the full Job Description, kindly apply on our website job portal at www.elidelprestige.com. Qualified professionals should send a Resume/CV to email@example.com. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
** Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.