CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Vacancy Number: 11443
Location: Accra, Ghana
Date Posted: 14 January, 2022
Job Expires: 21 January, 2022
Our Client is a reputable well-established company in the Oil & Gas industry and is looking for a Contracts and Procurement Specialist who would assist in procuring equipment and parts on the FPSO.
Their main duties include locating key suppliers, negotiating the company’s purchasing agreements, and making sure their materials and products meet the company’s specifications.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Negotiate with suppliers on contracts/agreements for purchasing of materials, lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preference study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of the final product.
Skills and Experience:
- Project management
- Contracts and Agreement Drafting
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Expertise in Procurement Engineering for Oil and Gas and/or Mining sector
- Should be abreast with FPSO in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Continuous corporate and personal development in purchasing in the oil and gas industry
Qualification & Requirements
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Engineering is mostly preferred.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in Oil and Gas/ Mining sector.
- Experience from the Oil and Gas/ Mining sector is mostly preferred.