Electrical Technician (Offshore)
Our Client is a reputable well-established company in the Electrical Engineering industry incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our client is seeking Electrical Technician (Offshore) to carry out day-to-day electrical maintenance activity on electrical systems and equipment associated with the LNG/ Process Trains, Utilities, Offshore Facilities on a new project in a designated region.
This position is a unique opportunity to Carry out day-to-day electrical maintenance activity on electrical systems and equipment associated with the LNG/ Process Trains, Utilities, Offshore Facilities, and non-plant building and facilities, including a predictive, preventive, breakdown, and shut down maintenance.
- Reports to the Nominated Maintenance Supervisor or his designate for day-to-day work.
- Carry out scheduled preventive maintenance of electrical equipment’s in a safe and secure manner.
- Carry out work predictive, corrective, and shutdown maintenance as assigned by the supervisor in charge to prevent failure and enhance reliability and availability of electrical equipment and machinery, associated within his assigned area of the plant.
- Always ensure compliance with Permit to work procedure, electrical safety procedure, company Environmental Health, Safety, and security procedures, as well as occupational health and safety regulations.
- Identify common failures and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Provides accurate maintenance history and closeout reports of all completed work as per company requirements.
- Observe safety hazards, unsafe conditions and near miss and report to the supervisor.
Qualification & Requirement:
- Candidate must have a Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering and authorized electrical person (AEP) certificates being issued by electrical institutions
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical engineering with at least 3 years under Maintenance role in Oil & Gas Industry/petrochemical/process plant or a major Power Utility.
- H2S/HUET/T-BOSIET Trained and Certified.
Must have hands-on experience in the preventive and corrective maintenance of the following equipment:
- Power and Distribution Transformers, Switchgears, and Induction Motors with voltage ratings within MV/HV range
- Induction motors up to the MV/HV’s
- Plant lighting and Earthing systems.
- Experience in Switching and LOTO procedures
- Use of testing equipment, including, but not limited to, Mustimeter, insulation resistance tester, Transformer turns ratio tester, Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter, and voltage indicator.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with the team members and with other agencies.
- A strong focus on safety is paramount and practical know-how of permit to work systems and lockout procedures applicable to LNG / Petrochemical/continuous process industries required