EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO
Vacancy Number: 6903
Location: Accra, Ghana
Date Posted: 25 May, 2021
Job Expires: 1 June, 2021
To provide a high level of executive and secretarial services to the CEO to ensure the efficient and effective running and operations of the company. To support the Management Team in the coordination and implementation of activities/projects.
- Manage and maintain the CEO’s schedules/diary.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents for the CEO
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for management, board, and other meetings.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including email.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Manage the flow of callers and visitors to the CEO’s office, communicating and dealing with high profile local and foreign clients who call on the CEO
- Organize programmes for visitors during their stay in Ghana
- Perform host duties for the CEO including tea and coffee making, ordering food, obtaining gifts and other items
- Draft responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as photocopying, ordering supplies, maintain records management systems, and perform basic accounts work.
- Taking meeting minutes when requested
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for the CEO and taking/collecting visitors/managers from the airport or other locations when indicated.
- Collate relevant data and reports from the business units for the CEO’s review
- Follow up on matters arising out of Team Meetings as required by the CEO
- Thoroughly follow up on agreed action plans
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents for the CEO
- Maintain records and track business updates of all material complaints brought to the attention of the CEO’s office.
- Keep CEO informed of status updates to ensure closure
- Support the management and organization of the CEO’s event
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 8+ years of experience as Personal Assistant to a high-level executive
- Dependable, honest, and ethical; shows a high level of personal judgment.
- A high degree of integrity and sensitivity
- High level of personal initiative
- A high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Adaptable and flexible – open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and appreciate the strategic intent
- A team player with the ability to interact and work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle stretching and diverse workload
- A self-starter with a hands-on style and determination to make a difference
- Ability to work on broad strategic projects
- Flexibility and responsiveness to handle changing priorities and urgent requests
- Strong organizational skills with emotional maturity