Vacancy Number: 11243
Location: Accra, Ghana
Date Posted: 5 January, 2022
Job Expires: 12 January, 2022
Our Client is a reputable well-established Oil Marketing Company (OMC) incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our Client is seeking to recruit the role to support operations and the delivery of the organization’s strategic objectives.
Responsible for the financial wellbeing of the company. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Be a first point of contact for auditors, communicating with them effectively and efficiently
- Develop and maintain thorough financial records for the company including invoices, staff payroll etc.
- Prepare the submission of Budgets and its revisions to the Regulatory Authority
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Ensure the company’s financial policies are being adhered to
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 3+ Years of Experience in an accounting position in the oil & gas industry
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required, familiarity with data query/data management tools
- Knowledge of international banking and regulatory framework.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure