Financial Accountant is responsible for providing Accounting
Support Services and in the form of Bookkeeping, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Processing Payments, Cash/Treasury (Banking
Management), Disbursements of funds to Support Staff, Preparation of Financial Statements, and Remittance of Monthly NHIL/VAT/WHT amongst other tasks.
The Financial Accountant reports to the Finance Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Bookkeeping activities such as filing invoices, payments and daily posting of entries into
• Maintaining Vendor List and Vendor Aging Report
• Processing of Consultants Monthly Fees
• Maintain and Update Fixed Asset Register
• Monthly preparation and recording of Depreciation & Amortization Schedule.
• Participation in month end close activities including the preparation and review of journal
entries and review of budget-to-actual reports.
• Develop cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly bank reconciliation, ensuring that Bank Statements
tallies with Accounting Records.
• Assist with Monthly Preparation of Management Accounts
• Perform Monthly Intercompany/ related party reconciliations
• Preparation and processing of all tax remittance schedules (i.e VAT, WHT,NHIL,
• Filing of monthly returns.
• Assist with the provision of financial recommendations and advice to the management
• Assist in Audit Exercise
• Other banking related tasks as may be assigned.
• Has a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience in Oil and Gas Industry in
Ghana as an Accounting or finance related function
• A First Degree in Accounting, and/or Finance.
• A post-graduate or Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage
• Membership in any of the following Accounting bodies ICAG, ACA, ACCA, or CFA is
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to take ownership of work and capability to perform and deliver excellent work with
• In depth knowledge of Accounting Standards and regulations (GAAP/IFRS etc.)
• Expertise in Financial & Management Accounting
• Excellent communication Skills (Oral & Written)
• Should be abreast on current tax update by Ghana Oil and Gas Regulatory
• Continuous Corporate and personal development in the financial service oil and gas
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)