FRONT DESK EXECUTIVE
Vacancy Number: 3921
Date Posted: 26 October, 2020
Job Expires: 27 October, 2020
Responsible for welcoming guests, managing online and telephonic bookings, and verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in, registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities. Provide guests with general information about the hotel and surrounding area, and stay up-to-date on attractions that may be of interest to guests. Should also have a pleasant and professional disposition with guests and other hotel staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests upon their arrival
- Check guests in and out.
- Receive and manage reservations made online and telephonically.
- Verify guests’ payment methods during check-in.
- Assign rooms to guests and inform them of any specials offered by the hotel.
- Organize transport services for guests at their request.
- Provide guests with information about the hotel.
- Keep abreast of attractions that may be of interest to guests.
- Serve as a host/hostess at conferences, and ensure that all relevant preparations are made for the event.
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
- Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role in the Hospitality Industry.
- Previous hospitality experience would be advantageous.
- Experience with hotel reservations software, like Cloudbeds and RoomKeyPMS
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking and TripAdvisor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-presented and professional appearance.
- Competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn on the job.
- Excellent customer service skills.