General Helpdesk Agent
Our client is a non-profit organization whose mission for the last eight years has been to improve maternal and newborn health outcomes in the public health system. We work together with governments and Ministries of Health to deploy affordable and scalable solutions through public hospitals, where the majority of underserved mothers and babies receive care. Our client is seeking to recruit a General Helpdesk Agent to help improve health-seeking behaviour and connects mothers with lifesaving services through referrals for additional care.
The general helpdesk agent will be part of the PROMPTS Ghana Helpdesk Team. The purpose of the job is to respond to all queries from mothers, escalate clinical queries to the clinical team, and call and refer mothers who need clinical care to the appropriate place and at the appropriate time. The post holder will work closely with members of the Helpdesk team, health facility associates, the field coordinator, the clinical consultant, and the quality assurance team to provide appropriate and timely answers to all questions from mothers, and call and refer mothers to care when needed within the shortest possible time.
- Maintain relationships with the quality assurance team and perform all duties assigned.
- Respond to queries from users on a daily basis via SMS, phone calls and any other appropriate channels to ensure mothers have easy access to factual health information.
- Promptly identify mothers with danger signs and escalate to the clinical Helpdesk in the shortest possible time.
- Update the Q&A database as often as relevant to reflect the queries of mothers on PROMPTS.
- Alert a supervisor as soon as possible if the messaging platform and/or Salesforce is non-operational in order to ensure no disruption of service.
- Direct mothers experiencing mental health, miscarriage, baby loss, or abuse to partner organizations for proper care.
- Provide insights to the quality assurance team by collating feedback on the service received for gap identification and improvement purposes.
- Prepare weekly reports on the performance and challenges of the Helpdesk to support decision making.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Volume of tickets resolved against incoming tickets
- % of tickets resolved within stipulated times
- % of high-priority tickets resolved within the stipulated time frame allocated for such tickets
- % of tickets appropriately identified and escalated to the clinical Helpdesk team
- % of calls meeting quality standards
- Adherence to 90%+ quality standards in answering questions
- Weekly and monthly reports submitted to supervisor
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Health Promotion or Public Health.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in customer facing roles, data management, health education and health promotion relevant to Maternal and Child Health..
- Data management
- Quality assurance
- Familiarity with health promotion or health service provision
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office and G-Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Twi (oral communication in other Ghanaian languages apart from English and Twi would be a plus)
- Good typing skills