GENERAL MANAGER – Business Support Unit
Our client is a reputable well-established company in the Construction industry incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our client is seeking a General Manager- Business Support Unit with experience in the Construction industry to manage the day-to-day administrative functions of the business.
The General Manager for business support is a strategic leadership position that directs and manages the day-to-day administrative functions of the business. The GM is to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs to improve productivity and employee engagement. The incumbent is mandated to streamline the overall unit SOP, increase employee productivity and ensure the sustainability of business objectives.
- Oversee the daily administrative functions of the company and the work of Business Support Department heads ( HR, Finance, Procurement etc)
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures with heads of departments
- Assess and implement improved new technologies and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Improve revenue of the unit.
- Allocate budget to departments and ensure effective and efficient use of funds.
- Evaluate performance and productivity by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Research and identify new growth opportunities.
- Lead in the performance appraisals of all department heads.
- Prepare and submit reports to the CEO on all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in sourcing for funding.
Requirement and Qualifications:
- Masters in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- At least 10-15 years in a similar role
- Professional certification (member of a professional body)
- Proven experience as General Manager or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Procurement.
- Knowledgeable about the road construction industry and processes
- Experience working in the road construction industry is desired
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in sourcing for funds
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Must have excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills, including interface with internal & external customer contacts.