General Manager, Finance
A major player in the energy sector is poised to expand its activities. To accelerate this vision, applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill this critical position
A broad wealth of experience in the financial sector in a manner that supports Company’s short, medium and Long-term business strategy.
Overall leadership and management of the Financial/ Management Accounting, Treasury and Credit Control functions of the Company’s operations to ensure smooth financial operations as well as timely financial reporting, in line with business, statutory and regulatory requirements. Role reports directly to the Managing Director, with indirect reporting to the Board Audit Finance Committee, and manages a Team of about 20.
The Key responsibilities for the job include:
Strategy & Policy Development
- Provide direction and expertise in the preparation of strategic/business plan for the Finance Division as input into the overall corporate strategy and monitor its implementation to achieve targeted objectives.
- Lead/direct the development of accounting/financial policies, standards operating procedures (SOPs) and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Financial and Management Accounting, Treasury and Credit Control functions and monitor its implementation to ensure attainment of targeted objectives.
- Lead in financial modelling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and annual operating financial/ business plans.
- Develop and/or review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including Benchmarks in line with industry/international best practice for managing the Finance Division and monitor its implementation including effective allocation and deployment of resources to achieve set objectives of the Company.
Budget & Financial/Cost Management
- Oversight responsibility for the development of a comprehensive budget templates, guidelines and reporting systems and monitor to ensure effective implementation.
- Review/improve accounting controls, reports and transactions to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with internal and external accounting policies and standards.
- Develop and maintain product costing/valuation of crude and other finished products and prepare product profitability information reports.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database on financial and non-financial records to facilitate qualitative and quantitative analysis of the Finance function to support Management decision making.
- Lead/direct and monitor the preparation of annual statutory financial statements.
- Liaise with External Auditors to facilitate Financial Statements/Accounts of the Company and ensure audit queries are resolved within agreed timelines.
Treasury Cash Management & Credit Control
- Manage and monitor the Company’s treasury functions to ensure that funds are available to meet operational requirements as appropriate.
- Oversight responsibility for the development, monitoring and implementation of the Company’s credit and risk management systems for periodic review of debtor’s portfolios to identify ageing/outstanding debts and recommend effective payment plan.
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of the In-depth knowledge/understanding of Accounting and Auditing Standards and regulations; International Financial Reporting System (IFRS) Standards and related regulations etc.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Public Sector accounting, Enterprise-wide accounting, information systems, audit and assurance.
- In-depth financial knowledge/experience, including treasury management, investment planning, asset allocation, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of enterprise-wide accounting information systems.
- Negotiation Skills – particularly in large commercial deals/contracts.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Communication skills – ability to clearly convey complex ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of modern software tools, especially the Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Plan Systems.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Masters’ Degree in Accounting or Finance plus, professional qualification (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
Equivalent professional qualification in related discipline. Membership of a recognized professional body (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) is required.
Minimum of twelve (12) years’ working experience with at least Five (5) in a senior management position in a large manufacturing Industry.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants are required to submit the following to the address provided below:
– Application & Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees to provide credible evidence of the Applicant’s professional competencies.
– A one – page summary of their Vision to drive the Finance Division to enhance profitability/growth and how to accomplish the stated job purpose.
Email CV and application letter