GENERAL MANAGER- MARKETING
Our client is a reputable well-established organization in the apparel industry incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. The client is seeking a General Manager-Marketing with experience in the apparel sector to implement strategies that will ensure the survival and viability of the organization’s brand in the Ghanaian business environment.
To maximize the Company’s agreed long and short-term volume and profit objectives for all existing and new product lines in this sector, and to oversee the company’s financial interests so as to optimize the utilization of the company’s assets and manpower.
He/She will be responsible for the direction of sales, marketing, and operations of Sportwear in Ghana. He/She will also be responsible for the P&L of this vertical and will have the duty to set and execute the strategy to make the brand the leading sports apparel and merchandise brand in Ghana.
- Develop a perspective plan, for the Sports Apparel sector covering sales volume and turnover; Cash Flow, manpower, and P & L.
- Develop a one-year business plan with a clear business rationale.
- Develop a strong supply chain that meets the needs of the product for its business goals in Merchandise and Apparel.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with other sports entities/sports teams, academies, schools, etc. as well as other mainstream consumers.
- Formulate short-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient, realistic, and support strategies of the product across Ghana.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high-performance standards and the attainment of goals.
- In long term, recruit and train the Facility managers and account reps, and provide a stimulating and open work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial and non-bureaucratic culture.
- The development of a database of customers.
- Managing apparel/e-commerce business initiatives from conception to implementation to delivery with quantifiable results.
- Achieve Financial and budget targets for the Merchandise and Apparel Division working capital deployment merchandising, marketing cost, and expenses.
- Prepare overall budget and allocate budget following the time frame of activities implementation
- Develop a personal knowledge of and personal relationship with, the Company’s Sports and leisure communities, media, and government regulatory institutions.
- Develop required contacts with environmentally sensitive publics such as key bureaucrats, Police, customs, etc.
Should have relevant experience in the Apparel Industry: prior work in merchandise apparel is strongly preferred.
- Direct reports – Distribution Operations, Finance Accounting, Banking, and Banking Audit & Treasury.
- Staff from the USA branch.
- Key publics in the Retail market.
- Peers in other Companies in West Africa.
- Head offices Staff – logistics Team, Directors Etc.