HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
To serve as a trusted competent leader of all Human Resource Management matters in the organisation and develop policies and programmes, coordinate activities, ensure legal compliance and contribute meaningfully to the implementation of the organization’s mission, goals, vision and people’s strategy.
- Develop and implement best practices, HR strategies, and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Maintain industrial harmony as the bridge between management and employees, by addressing employee relations issues, employee engagement, demands, hearing and resolving employee grievance, discipline, and counseling.
- Liaise with senior leadership regarding the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, training, development, employee engagement, motivation, and retention.
- Lead the identification of staffing needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and managing talents.
- Develop and oversee the performance management system including the development of job descriptions, appraisals, continuous performance improvement and identifying training needs for both individual employees and organisation as a whole.
- Maintain, improve and advise management on salary structure, pay policies, cost effectiveness, cost containment and oversee the total reward system within the organisation.
- Recommend competitive market research to establish pay practices and reward systems that help to recruit and retain highly talented people.
- Develop annual HR budget and advise management on cost containment in relation to staffing needs.
- Effectively administer organisation’s employee benefits programmes with a customer service orientation that lead to employee satisfaction.
- Create a culture of performance and professional development, develop managers and mentors, and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Develop and maintain updated guidelines, policies and procedures in the management of Expatriate employee matters and serve as a trusted advisor/expert on the interpretation of these policies and guidelines to expatriates.
- Remain informed about trends, best practices, regulatory changes/updates, and new digital innovations in human resources, talent management and apply this knowledge to inact changes in policy and provide people direction to the organisation.
- Utilize HR metrics and data in recommneding and advising management on key people matters to aid sound decision making.
- Ensure legal,ethics, integrity and due deligence in all human resource management activities to promote a high compliance culture.
- Carry out other duties as required
Qualification & Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience
- At least two (2) years of experience working with a multinational company is preferred
- Certified Professional from a recognized HR institution
- Experience with different cultures and labour laws would be considered a plus
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Experience in using HR systems and databases
Required skills/Knowledge /Abilities
- Ability to implement diversity support programmes
- Ability to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to travel frequently if and when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to quickly learn the HRIS and talent management systems.