Become a Part of the World Shoe Team
World Shoe does more than just make shoes. We are a company built upon the heart of giving not greed. We are in business to help others and make this world a better place. Our Culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. At World Shoe its about each person bringing skills and passion to help make a difference in this World.
Who are we looking for?
The HR Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. HR Manager duties will involve managing activities such as recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training and development and talent management.
People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our mission, We exist to transform communities through the gift of shoes and local manufacturing to provide a better world and HOPE, Health, Opportunity, Peace and Education for everyone as well promoting corporate values, Win as a Team, Be Compassionate, Show Gratitude, Be Generous, Be a good Steward.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of employment staff
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Manage administering pay, benefits and leave for all employees.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Develop, create and enforce company policies
Who will you work with?
You will be working with Factory leadership; Factory Manager, Factory Engineer, shift leads and Factory personnel. You will also be partnering with corporate leadership team members; Presidents, Vice Presidents and Directors.
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or another HR executive
- Experience of successfully leading a new organization setup or restructure
- Leadership identity: ability to lead through others and influence
- Formal or informal executive coaching experiences
- People orientated and result driven
- Proven ability to use salary and financial data to make appropriate salary and headcount decision through excellent business acumen
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to create strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable in a variety of settings and speaking to all levels of employees from the front line to Presidents (fluent in English)
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels throughout the company
- In-depth knowledge of Ghana labor laws and HR best practices
- Job located in Akosombo Ghana
- BSc in Human Resources Management; MSc is s plus
World Shoe Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.