Our Client is a reputable well-established company incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our client is seeking an Internal Auditor who has some understanding of the Direct selling business. The candidate must be a team player with a strong respect for field expertise in all areas of the business.
The IA will administratively report to the Country Manager and functionally report to Audit Committee (Corporate).
Main Office, Accra, Ghana with coverage of all regional offices.
1) Implement the risk-based audit plan to assess, report on the company’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls.
2) Ensure audit fieldwork is conducted in a professional and timely manner. Also, ensure the communication of results includes an open process to agree on the facts and audit
3) Follows up on recommendations to make sure that effective remedial action is being taken. In other words, conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions and communicate the follow-up exercises’ results to the Audit Committee.
4) Submit quarterly and annual reports to the Audit Committee
5) Reviews the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
6) Audit key company operations for compliance and efficiency. This includes:
- Conduct monthly, daily opening, and closing stock-taking exercise to confirm the accuracy of stock position at all times.
- Review assigned sales ambassador spreadsheet for accuracy and correctness and confirm sales payments are traced to the bank statements and also ensure no payment is overused and that changes to the spreadsheet are properly approved and documented.
- Vouch payments vouchers and supporting documents presented for payment and physically verify work done or items bought if possible.
- Conduct pre-audit and post-audit of payment vouchers.
- Review sales invoices to sales order to agree SKU requested by associates were duly given.
- Carry out weekly/monthly spot cash count of petty cash and review petty cash register.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, review of all transactions to ensure completeness, accuracy, validity, and reliability of financial records. Review of all postings by Finance on the accounting software to ensure they are done timely and in line with relevant accounting principles.
- Carry out monthly fixed asset verification and ensure the Asset Register is reconciled monthly and updated on the system with a view to agreeing with physical records with system records. Ensure that all fixed assets are properly tagged and promptly escalate any variance observed.
- Monitoring of assigned Bank Accounts to ensure there is approval & proper documentation of all transfers and payments processed out of the accounts.
- Obtain and review evidence of Monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements with GL records.
- Obtain POS receipts, EoD print out, and vouch to bank statement for completeness and accuracy of inflows.
- identify loopholes & help address emerging risks. Also, give recommendations to identifies issues across the company’s operations
7) Assess the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information.
8) Perform additional duties as assigned by the Audit Committee.
Qualification & Requirements
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an Internal Auditor role.
- Professional Internal Auditor certificates a plus.
- Strong knowledge of risk mitigation and the three lines model.
- Familiarity with Legal and Financial Systems.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping as well as attention to detail.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft office.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication and leadership abilities.