Our client in the Finance sector located at East Legon is seeking to recruit a Loan Officer on full-time employment with at least 2 years’ experience in a microfinance unit with proven track record of progressive growth in responsibilities. Responsible for evaluating the financial status of a loan applicant and authorize the approval of business, real estate, or credit loans.
- Meet with loan applicants to identify their needs and collect information for loan applications.
- Analyze active loan files on a regular basis and recommend solutions to speed up the loan process.
- Complete loan contracts and teach clients on policies and regulations.
- Interview applicants to define financial eligibility and establish debt payment plans.
- Monitor and update account records.
- Submit loan applications in a timely manner.
- Prepare detailed loan proposals.
- Reject loan applications and explain deficiencies to applicants.
- Respond to applicants’ questions and resolve any loan-related issues.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field is mostly preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in microfinance.
- Must have good knowledge of business-related subject that includes courses in business law, financial management, international finance, financial accounting and business strategy
- Must understand and follow standard accounting procedures.
- Must use financial and accounting software to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Good communication skills.