Field Program Coordinator
Our client is a non-profit organization whose mission for the last eight years has been to improve maternal and new born health outcomes in the public health system. Our client works together with governments and Ministries of Health to deploy affordable and scalable solutions through public hospitals, where the majority of underserved mothers and babies receive care. Our client is seeking to recruit a Field Coordinator to help with the efficient operations and delivery of proper healthcare to mothers across various districts in Ghana.
The field coordinator will be part of the PROMPTS Ghana service delivery team. The purpose for this role is to coordinate the PROMPTS program in Ghana by ensuring the activities run smoothly and efficiently to meet the organizational goals and objectives. The post holder will work closely with health facilities, the operational research study coordinator and research assistants, and support the PROMPTS Ghana Helpdesk team to ensure that the PROMPTS Ghana Operational Research Study runs smoothly and efficiently in the selected districts and health facilities.
- Manage relationships with management of the Ghana Health Service at District and Health Facility Levels, ensuring they are bought-in on our PROMPTS program and are actively updated on progress, challenges, and opportunities.
- Manage relationships with other health service delivery agencies which support PROMPTS program-related activities such as for referral and counselling of mothers.
- Actively coordinate the PROMPTS launch and expansion activities across all districts and health facilities.
- Provide coordination of day-to-day operations of PROMPTS programs in all districts and health facilities.
- Coordinate the enrolment and engagement of mothers, and evaluation of activities related to PROMPTS in districts and health facilities.
- Identify and resolve complex issues faced by health facility associates and Helpdesk agents in the field.
- Coordinate supportive supervision activities of the PROMPTS program with districts and health facilities.
- Use data to inform and coordinate operational activities of the PROMPTS program.
- Attend all PROMPTS program related meetings through the provided channels such as virtual or in-person meetings.
- Provide data to support the planning, budgeting, and management of PROMPTS program expenses in selected districts and health facilities.
- Identify and report areas of cost efficiencies and improvements.
- Create tools to make PROMPTS programs more efficient.
- Coordinate data monitoring and quality assurance activities related to the PROMPTS program in districts and health facilities.
- Work effectively with the operational research study coordinator, research assistants and Helpdesk agents.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Number of mothers enrolled in health facilities and districts, versus targets.
- Number of health facilities successfully providing PROMPTS-related service delivery in a district.
- Number of adjunct service delivery partners supporting PROMPTS program activities.
- Timely submission of reports.
- Percentage deviation from the established PROMPTS work plan and timelines.
- Engagement and maintenance of relationships with the study team, Helpdesk agents and health facilities
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or any other related course
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in project management or public health research (including field work, supervision, data collection and management).
- Data analysis
- Quality assurance
- Project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office and G-Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets)
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Stakeholder engagement
- Influence without authority