Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Our client is a product distribution company into sale and distribution of nutritional products that provides effective health and wellness to the human body. Our client is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer with multicultural and cross-cultural experience that will help increase the company’s growth and profitability.
Overview, Responsibilities, Competencies
A Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is a corporate executive who is responsible for managing marketing activities in an organization. The CMO plays a vital role in a company’s growth and has important responsibilities that range from creative influence on business strategy.
The CMO is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of an organization’s marketing and advertising initiatives. Their primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through brand management, marketing communications, market research, product marketing, distribution channel management, pricing, and customer service.
The main function of a chief marketing officer is to help the company increase its revenues by creating a marketing plan that gives the company a competitive advantage. To help achieve the company’s objectives, the CMO is required to possess skills in business and marketing.
The preferred profile of the CMO is a professional who has distinguished herself as champion of sales and brand manager in her respective endeavors.
In addition to multinational and cross-cultural experience, the preferred CMO must also have at least 10 years’ experience across sectors with the last 2 years being in management positions in reputable institutions. Professional proficiency in French would be an added advantage.
Some of the roles and responsibilities that a CMO is required to perform in the corporate world include:
- Brand management
- Market research
- Marketing communications
- Product management
Area of Expertise
- Sales of Nutritional Products,
- Insurance, General Marketing,
- Wealth Management,
- Talent Acquisition,
- Business Development, etc.
The following are competencies / skills required for a CMO:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven understanding of data analysis tools
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving
- Experience working with various marketing tools relating to market research, data analytics, website development, product branding, visual communication software, written communication, and public relations.
- Proven ability to design and coordinate marketing campaigns across traditional and modern channels.
- Expert in digital and social media marketing