Legal and Compliance Manager
Our client, a major player in the Oil & Gas industry is poised to expand its activities. To accelerate this vision, applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill this critical position.
This role will oversee all Legal and Corporate Compliance Programs, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates legal and compliance issues/concerns within the Company. This role will be responsible for the legal and compliance demands of the Company including reviewing and drafting of agreements and other documents. Further, the Legal & Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Board of Directors, Management and employees fully comply with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good University degree in law with preference for masters in oil and Gas law or related field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a commercial legal environment either in private practise firm, in-house or other business environment.
- Experience in formulating, developing and implementing compliance programs and conducting trainings/seminars for company employees including the board of directors.
- Proven successes in negotiating complex international commercial transactions in the oil and gas sector and in project finance.
- Knowledge of Corporate governance, international regulations and best practices applicable