Market Research Analyst
Our Client is a reputable well-established firm in the machinery and equipment industry, incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our Client is seeking to recruit a Market Research Analyst to support operations and the delivery of the organization’s strategic objectives.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation Develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect and studies information about: Competitors, pricing, Market segmentation, products, Customers and Sales trends
- Summarize and analyses data and make recommendations
- Conduct survey, focus groups, personal interviews, and observations using the appropriate research tools.
- Acquire, organize, analyse, disseminate, and monitors information on markets, clients, competitors, specific projects, technology, and legislative developments to the sales team and management.
- Obtain data to support the forecasting of big deals and tracking of markets and trends to prevent lost deals.
- Gather data on competitors and analyse their projects, win/losses, methods of marketing, strategies, and assist with the development of sales strategies.
- Assist with identification and update of opportunities by reviewing and understanding industry and product knowledge.
- Prepare reports, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text for the sales team and management.
- Update data and run reports as needed in Hubspot (CRM).
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor Degree or Higher National Diploma in Business administration, Marketing, or relevant field is preferred.
- Certification in Marketing, Sales or relevant field is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong and productive personal relationships
- Excellent creative and strategic abilities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Basic understanding of data management and analytical software, such Hubspot (CRM tool)
- Proven Market Research Analysis experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Office
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent marketing and sales skills.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Knowledge of the business, competitors and our customer’s markets; preferably experience from construction machinery, construction and mining industries.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Machinery Experience (or B2B) is a major plus.
- Able to work under diverse working conditions
- Possess personal qualities of Integrity, Respect, and Commitment to corporate mission.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Collaboration and Influence abilities.
- Defusing upset customers using interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Willingness to convey key feedback from customers internally
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Customer Driven (Internal & External).
- High energy with strong Drive for results.
- Creativity and Innovation, with ability to come up with new ideas and initiatives.
- Inclusiveness and ability to work well with different cultures and working environments.
- Fluency in languages: English.