Parts Counter Sales Executive
Vacancy Number: 11607
Location: Accra, Ghana
Date Posted: 8 March, 2022
Job Expires: 26 July, 2022
Our Client is a reputable well-established firm in the machinery and equipment industry, incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our Client is seeking to recruit a Parts Counter Sales Executive to support operations and the delivery of the organization’s strategic objectives.
This role provides essential support for the Aftersales team. Responsible for the efficient handling of enquiries, quotations, sales orders, help to improve the productivity of Technicians and sales engineers by dealing with customer calls. Responsible for coordinating the company’s CRM (salesforce) Contributes to the quality of customer service and the achievement of sales targets to improve productivity.
- Serve as a point of contact for customers with queries about Parts orders and deliveries.
- Provide support for the Aftersales department.
- Provide high-quality customer service to help achieve sales targets
- Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the sales counter is always manned during working hours
- Ensure a requisition is promptly raised for any non-stock items that are required
- Research and provide customers with correct part information by utilizing all available resources to determine customer need
- Ensure customer satisfaction where possible, during your dealings.
- Maintain regular telephone contact with your customer list
- Complete quotations and invoicing in a prompt and efficient manner
- Actively use salesforce to record your contacts and potential leads on sales as well as updating of machine hours where possible
- Engage with the aftersales accountant to ensure payments are made on time for the account sales you have made
- Identify potential customers that can utilise elements of our support in alternate brands
- Regularly update customer contact details both on salesforce and SAP
- Work closely with the warehouse coordinator to ensure parts and waybills are prepared in a reasonable timeframe for the customer to take
- Ensure you have a list of any parts you are waiting for, their requisition numbers and that you chase them on a regular basis with the Parts Co-ordinator
- Advise customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available
- Advise customer of any quality improvement or service bulletin on part replacement
- Maintain communication with customers on open orders
- Communicate effectively to build strong, long term, trusting relationships with customers
- Promote a one stop shop to customer
- Gather as much data as possible from the client regarding their machine operation and hours so the business can improve its actionable data
- Bachelor of Science degree or Higher National Diploma in Business administration, Marketing, or relevant field is preferred.
- Certification in Marketing, Sales or relevant field is a plus
- At least 2 years of proven work experience as PSSR or counter sales, or a relevant role.
- Country Experience is a major plus;
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Office
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent marketing and sales skills.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Knowledge of the business, competitors and our customer’s markets; preferably experience from construction machinery, construction and mining industries.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Machinery Experience (or B2B) is a major plus.
- Able to work under diverse working conditions