JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
This position will provide quality control and quality assurance of materials, equipment and services being
mobilized to support drilling, work-over and completion projects in shallow and deep offshore.
Reports directly to the Drilling Superintendent
• Minimum of 15 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years in QA-QC function
with relevant experience.
• Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Must have worked in an Operator’s (oil company’s) environment. Experience with international oil
companies will be added advantage.
• Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering or any other engineering or
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Takes charge of the implementation of the company’s QA-QC policy and procedures.
• Work closely with company QHSE team to ensure compliance and adherence to the system’s ability to
create, develop, review and modify existing procedures to improve and be in line with latest applicable
• Review third party service company QA-QC procedures for the services being provided.
• Audit and inspect the implementation of such procedures
• Ensures that equipment is mobilized only after the QA-QC procedures are followed and certifications
checked to be within validity.
• Ensures the inspection of drill pipes, drill collars, handling equipment, pressure equipment, service
company tools etc. is done by competent and certified Inspectors.
• Use existing checklists for QA-QC inspections, modify checklist to suit as needed and develop new
ones where none already exists. Modifications to and creation of new checklists are subject to
approval before being added to the QA-QC Manual.
• Witness third party equipment tests for equipment being mobilized.
• Arranges to carry out the QA-QC process in a timely manner to avoid delays and to give room for
changes if necessary.
• Liaises closely with the Senior Operations Engineer and the Logistics teams (Shore-based and rigbased) to avoid delays in mobilization of equipment and services.
• Responsible for failure analysis with respect to the adapted QA-QC procedures and recommend
prevention of re-ocurrence.
• Support the office, shore base and the rig as required.
• Ensures equipment and services mobilized for the operations fully meet well and HSE standards.
• Use good judgement in deciding when to escalate issues to your Superiors.
• Keep up to date with developments in QA-QC standards and processes.
• Familiarize with new tools in the well construction industry
• Ability to work independently with no supervision.
• Ability to assign priority and plan job execution to suit the operations requirements.
• Ability to demonstrate principled character with sound business ethics and consistency with principles,
values, and behaviour.
• Fairness and consistency in application of rules and policies across board.
• Proactive: identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues. Actively promotes continuous
improvement of Policies and Standards.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of all well construction processes
• Knowledge of well construction tools and equipment.
• Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
• Effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
• Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for
the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than
have standards imposed
• Knowledge of international and industry QA-QC standards.