Quality Assurance and R&D Officer
Our Client is a reputable well-established company in the Food processing industry incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance and R&D Officer to ensure quality of raw materials and finished products.
The Quality Assurance and R&D Officer will administratively report to the CEO.
Check the quality of raw materials and finished products and ensure that mistakes and defects in manufactured products are avoided and all products meet quickly standards.
- Organise workflow to meet specifications.
- Determine the minimum stock level for production and request for stocks from logistics to avoid shortage of raw & packaging materials.
- Develop and implement health and safety procedures for the organisation.
- Monitoring all operations that affect quality by ensuring that workers adhere to quality standards.
- Ensure all production processes meet quality and industry standards.
- Check product quality and ensure that they meet quality standards.
- Ensure manufacturing process run in a smooth, cost-effective and timely manner.
- Conduct qualitative analysis on raw materials to ensure that they meet quality local and international standards.
- Follow-up on GSA and FDA certifications for shipments to ensure that shipments meet standard procedures.
- Provide the logistics team with specific dimensions and quantities of raw and packaging materials required for production.
- Review production plans and ensure they meet sales demands.
- Investigate all quality issues that would be reported by the sales team.
- Conduct Quarterly training for all staff.
Research & Development:
- Research and develop innovative as well as cost effective techniques for production and branding.
- Supervise all quality standards and ensure compliance within the business.
- Supervise activities of Production Supervisors and Cleaners in the organisation.
- Supervise the activities of the Logistics Officer to ensure that raw materials and finished goods are available to ensure smooth production.
- Liaise with Logistics on quality issues that have to do with Raw Materials and finished products.
- Work with the Sales Department and ensure customer safety and quality requests are met.
- Liaise with the Admin and HR department on all safety issues regarding employees and the work environment as well as issues relating to employees at Productions.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers to discuss issues relating to the quality of packaging and raw material.
Responsibility for Assets:
- Responsible for all raw materials, finished products, and other assets assigned for the effective performance of his job.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Degree in Food Science Technology from a recognised Tertiary institution.
- A Master’s Degree in Food Science Technology is an added advantage. Or
- A Master’s Degree would be required for people with less than two (2) years’ experience.
- Four (4) years’ experience in a related role
- Ability to use quick books
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to analyse figures and product results and ensure products meet quality standards.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with employees, Suppliers and Customers on different levels.
- Planning and Organising Skills: Ability to plan activities to meet tight deadline
- Ability to direct and organise the activities of Production Supervisors, Cleaners and all employees to achieve business results.
- Problem solving and analytical skills: Ability to identify and analyse quality problems and solve them in a timely manner.