Vacancy Number: 3843
Date Posted: 14 October, 2020
Job Expires: 26 October, 2020
Responds to communications from guests, travel agents and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, fax, or through a central reservation system. Create and maintain reservation records-usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing. Also prepare letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellation and modifications of bookings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process reservations by mail, telephone, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Process reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Know the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Know the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Know the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Create and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determine room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepare letters of confirmation.
- Communicate reservation information to the front desk.
- Process cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understand the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Process advance deposits on reservations.
- Track future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Help develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Prepare expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assist in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitor advances deposit requirements.
- Handle daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
- Configuring rates on the hotels property management system.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role in the Hospitality Industry.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office
- Knowledge in the use of hotel software and functionalities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills