SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
Our Client is a reputable well-established company in the Food processing industry incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our client is seeking a Sales & Marketing Manager to lead the day-to-day sales and marketing operations and ensure targets are met.
The Sales & Marketing Manager will administratively report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Main Office, Accra, Ghana
- Responsible for revenue generation across products and regions.
- Ensure quality distributor activities across board.
- Interact with distributors and provide technical support on commercial/pricing matters.
- Monitor pricing structures, gross margin and profitability and advise management on same.
- Strategize and plan the sales process management, forecasting, pricing, key account management, expenses, profitability, new product development, market research and brand strategy.
- Develop and review plans to achieve top line market share and ensure brand visibility.
- Conduct market research and implement outcomes to increase market share.
- Prepare and review sales operating plan, structure, process and financial models.
- Periodically review distributor performance, identify shortfalls and develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Conduct regular meetings and training seminars for distributors in line with our distributor development requirements.
- Periodically align sales team members on target status, products as well as sales and marketing strategies.
- Monitor and analyse marketing and sales reports as well as distributor feedback.
- Coordinate, prepare and launch new products in collaboration with all departments in the organization.
- Ensure the confidentiality of sales and other confidential documents.
- Develop and implement plans to motivate and monitor sales representatives and distributors.
- Coordinate with logistics, finance and production departments to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Supervise orders and deliveries to Multiples and Horecas.
- Serve as a liaison between the social media advertising agency and the company.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Prepare annual marketing and sales strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospective and active customers.
- Track Van targets, sales and payments.
- Supervise sales staff
- Work with the Logistics Department to ensure customer requests are met.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance on all issues relating to product quality and safety issues.
- Liaise with the finance department on all sales requests and reconciliations.
- Responsible for sales and customer records.
Responsibility for Assets
- Contact customers and prospects.
Qualification & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably in Marketing & Sales
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a related role.
- Excellent knowledge of the manufacturing environment.
- Good appreciation of band management.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Social Media Savvy.
- Communication & Influencing skills: Ability to communicate and influence prospective and current customers to choose the company’s products.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to analyse sales data and develop solutions to identified problems.
- Planning and Organising Skills: Ability to plan own activities and that of the team to meet tight deadlines.
- Results Orientation: Ability to follow up on prospects and orders to achieve targets.
- Relationship Management Skills: Ability to identify potential customers and build business relationships with them.