ELIDEL PRESTIGE LTD (EPL), is a Manpower management company. Our Client is a reputable well-established company in the Food & Beverage Industry, incorporated under the Laws of Ghana. Our clients has a chain of restaurants all across Ghana and is seeking to fill the vacancy in the below mentioned role.
The Stock Controller is generally responsible for maintaining and overseeing inventory and supplies by ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing/delivering items to internal departments. In addition, he/she is responsible for securing the warehouse, operating at minimum cost and lowest stock loss/damage levels, as well as supervising staff.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Warehousing and Logistics (or equivalent) (Degree an advantage)
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role
- 6-8 years total central stores experience
- Supervisory/People Skills
- – Communication – Oral and Written
- – Inventory Management
- – Maintaining Brand Standards & Managing Processes
- – Planning and scheduling
- – Observation skills for ensuring security
Purchasing & Supplier Management
- Check stock levels on a weekly basis and determine order quantities accordingly
- Raise orders as per procedure set by management gaining approval for large quantities and/or stock piling due to availability of items
- Use only approved suppliers and ensure you are familiar with credit terms & costs
- Forward notification of price increases from a supplier immediately to MD, do not raise an order with a new price before seeking authorisation
- Develop good relations with key suppliers to avoid disruption in supply
- Follow the stock management guidelines (detailed document available) for:
- – Receiving-expiry dates, fresh, good an quality products at correct cost
- – Storage- as per storage instructions and always using FIFO
- -Issues- on written order from department heads.
- Ensure there are no expired products in the store-if there are, move into a designated area, marked clearly as “Expired”- & follow protocol for discarding
- Implement strict controls for minimum stock loss/theft
- Conduct weekly and monthly stock takes ensuring absolute accuracy.
- Address all variances immediately in writing and update/amend any errors
- Generate stock valuation report only after final closing balances have been verifies and captured on the system.
Hygiene & Safety
- All areas of the central stores must be clean and tidy- ready to store food and drinks
- Pack stock according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and the storage guidelines provided to ensure there is no cross contamination or risk of spoilage, or degradation with regard to food safety
- Receiving bays and entrances must be cleaned & sanitized and cleared of any obstructions to observe safety rules
- Receive and dispatch goods with gloves and masks
- Goods must be received and dispatched in clean, sanitized crates and lugs
Security & Surveillance
- Be vigilant- all stocks, equipment & IP is at risk if guidelines are not adhered to
- Ensure cameras are working properly and all areas of the stores are visible
- Conduct random security checks
- Report any incidence of negligence or theft to HR
- Monthly stock variance report
- Monthly stock valuation report
- Inventory days report to avoid stock outs
- Other inventory- equipment/high value cleaning or spare parts
Please note that these are merely guidelines, and you may be required to perform other duties as may be determined by management from time to time.